My Remote's LED red blinks, doesn't charge, and turns off when I take it out of the Receiver.
If you're experiencing a red blinking LED of your Remote when in the Receiver, it could mean that:
- The Receiver is not powered enough to charge the Remotes.
- There was an error in the Firmware installation
- The Remote’s battery is faulty
To verify the cause, please try running these tests:
1. Power Test
You may notice that one of your Remote’s LED strip continuously red flashes when charging in the Receiver. This could indicate that the Remote cannot properly charge because the Receiver is underpowered.
If you are facing this problem, make sure it is persistent and that it is not related to an underpowered unit.
To check this, connect your Phase to a wall outlet with a brick charger delivering 5V/500mA, and monitor the LED strip of the Remote. If the red flash disappears, you will have to use a different powering method than the one you used in order to play with your Phase, such as a USB powered hub. A basic hub that doesn't have an external power supply may not deliver enough power for the Remote to charge.
2. Firmware Error
If the issue persists after the power test, this could be due to a specific firmware error that can be solved by reinstalling the firmware into your Remote. In order to fix it, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure you downloaded the latest version of Phase Manager
- Open Phase Manager, then plug your Phase to the laptop
- Click on the "Update Center" in the top right corner
- Click on your Phase in the left corner, then right click on the Remote (A or B depending on which one blinks red)
- Then, click "Update Remote" (A or B depending on which one blinks red)
- After the update, the charging % might display "100%" but you should ignore it. Make sure you let the Remote perform a full charge, for 2 hours, before taking it out.
- Then, take out the Remote, and wait for the calibration, which can be longer than usual for the update to install
After this process, you will be able to use your Remote as usual, and the problem should be fixed.
3. Battery Test
If after charging it for 2 hours, the Remote keeps turning off when you take it out of the Receiver, then you probably have a battery issue, so get in touch with us by filling up the contact form below.
It will be processed faster if you directly add a video showing that it turns off when you take it out of the Receiver.