Switching Remotes during a live performance
If you own a Phase Ultimate, or bought an extra Remote, you might need to switch your Remotes while playing a set.
In order to do this, you'll need to follow the steps described below for a smooth switch without interrupting the sound.
Let's take a practical example, in which you're using Remotes A and B (they're spinning on your turntables), and Remotes C and D are in the docks.
- Switch both virtual decks to internal mode.
- Link the Remotes C and D to the Receiver: long-press the buttons until the LEDs flash.
- Stop your turntables, take the Remotes A and B off, and place Remotes C and D.
- Wait for C and D to have solid LEDs (this indicates the internal sensors are calibrated).
- Spin the turntables with Remotes C and D on.
- Switch the virtual decks back to REL mode or WIR mode
You now control you tracks again with the new pair of Remotes. Remotes A and B can be placed into the Receiver to charge. Keep in mind Remotes A and B should not be linked to the Receiver at this moment, otherwise you won't control the tracks through Remotes C and D anymore!
Don't hesitate to try this a few times during practice first, this way you'll be able to do it with confidence during your gigs. :)
If you have troubles switching Remotes, or any question about this, use the contact form below to get in touch with our product specialists.