I get an error message or a crash when updating the Phase firmware.
Symptom and description
It may happen to experience errors during firmware updates. Most of the time, the error will prevent the new firmware version to be completely installed. This can be noticed with an error message, such as "oops! it seems that something went wrong". This may be due to a USB communication error between the Phase unit and the computer.
In most cases you will be able to solve the problem by trying one of the methods suggested below, in this order:
- Quit and run Phase Manager again;
- Unplug your Phase unit and plug it back;
- Try using another USB cable to make sure it’s not faulty;
- Try connecting your Phase to a different USB port on your computer.
- Use a powered USB hub to connect your Phase instead of directly plugging it to the computer.
If you’re having difficulties to update your Phase on a Windows computer, you can try reinstalling the USB driver by following these steps:
- Open the Windows Device manager, then go to "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
- Right click on Phase, then on “Update the driver”.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Select “WinUSB” and proceed with the driver update.
- Reboot your computer and launch the update again. Please quit any programs and tasks that may use Phase before updating, and unplug all devices from your computer.
If the above method doesn’t work, we recommend using another computer to update your Phase: the new firmware version will be installed into your unit and you’ll be able to use it on your regular setup.
If despite these troubleshooting methods you still cannot update the Phase, please get in touch with our support team, we will do our best to assist you. Make sure to fill in the OS version field on the form. On a mac computer, click on the apple menu, then on “about this mac”. On a Windows computer type “winver” in the start menu, then press return to display the full Windows build version.